Building and repairing walls, chimney stacks, tunnel linings and decorative stonework. They might also refurbish brickwork and masonry on restoration projects.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- construction techniques, types of materials and selecting appropriate tools and equipment
- cavity walling, building fireplaces and chimneys
- how to use levelling devices
- health and safety hazards, regulations and legislation
- customer service and communications skills
- awareness and consideration of other related trades
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G) and have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Apprentices will be able to apply for an appropriate Construction Skills Certification Scheme card once they have completed their apprenticeship.
Apprentices will also be eligible to join the Federation of Master Builders’ continuous professional development scheme.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.