Installing large-scale environmental system components for heating and cooling industrial and commercial buildings.
Building Services Engineering Installer
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- understanding building services engineering principles, including force and pressure, heat and power, materials, electricity and measurement
- understanding the planning, installation, testing and de-commissioning of building services
- using environmental systems, including compressed air, heating and water
- installing environmental systems components, including assembling and fixing controls, heat emitters, and pressure and storage vessels
- communications, including presentation, written and verbal skills
- health and safety practices and procedures relating to a building services environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- achieve level 1 information communications technology (equivalent to GCSE at grades D to G)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.