Safely installing, exchanging and maintaining smart meters, explaining to customers how they work and how to use energy more efficiently.
Dual fuel smart meter installer
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- health, safety and environmental legislation and regulation
- gas and electrical testing and installation
- installing, replacing, commissioning, decommissioning and maintaining smart meters and related equipment
- using specialist tools and equipment
- applying electrical/mechanical principles in work processes and procedures
- knowledge of how smart meter systems work and energy efficiency principles
Apprentices must achieve registration on the Gas Safe Register and Meter Operators Code of Practice Agreement (MOCoPA).
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Successful apprentices can apply for membership with the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
|Energy & Utilities Independent Assessment Service||07921 230 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Smart Awards||024 76421125||Lesley@smartawards.co.uk|
|Pearson Education Limited||+44 (0) 7879 email@example.com|
|BPEC Certification Ltd||01332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Universal Skills Centre Ltd||0333 323 email@example.com|
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.