Fitting fences, gates and barriers.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- types of fencing and construction materials
- understanding project specifications and plans
- site preparation techniques, including how to find and identify underground utilities cables and pipes
- choosing the right materials and equipment
- health, safety and environmental requirements
- how to ensure fences and gates are level
- fencing repairs
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G) and have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Fencing Industry Skills Standard/Construction Skills Certification Scheme once they have completed their apprenticeship.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.