Making all kinds of beds, furniture and their related furnishings in a workshop or factory.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- furniture manufacturing principles – including manufacturing processes, material properties and characteristics, quality standards and output targets
- furniture manufacturing practices – including interpreting cutting lists, drawings and specifications, using and maintaining tools, machinery and equipment and completing work to schedule
- using and maintaining specialist tools and machinery
- specialist bed manufacturer, furniture manufacturer or modern upholsterer skills
- health and safety regulations and legislation within a manufacturing environment – including environmental and sustainability requirements
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.