Installing and maintaining gas appliances in a domestic or non-domestic setting, advising customers on how appliances work and how to use energy more efficiently.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- theory of combustion and types of burners
- flues and ventilation principles
- safety checks following gas work on an appliance
- range and suitability of appliances and awareness of green technologies
- building regulations, water regulations and electrical regulations
- emergency procedures
- system design, location, controls and flue types for appliances and smart controls
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
Apprentices must apply to get on the Gas Safe Register for four appliances.
Successful apprentices can apply to register as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) with the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM).
|Moor Training Ltd||01837 email@example.com|
|City and Guilds||0844 543 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hybrid Technical Services Ltdemail@example.com|
|BPEC Certification Ltd||01332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Energy & Utilities Independent Assessment Service||07921 230 email@example.com|
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.