Building, maintaining and repairing parts for the country’s gas network, to provide a reliable supply of gas to domestic, commercial and industrial users.
Gas network craftsperson
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- carrying out risk assessments
- health and safety requirements
- following engineering instructions and procedures
- installing, testing, purging and commissioning gas equipment
- using specialist tools and equipment
- other skills related to one of the following specialisms: emergency response, network maintenance (electrical and instrumentation), network maintenance (pressure management)
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
Successful apprentices will be eligible for registration as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) with the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM).
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.