Building, maintaining and repairing the country’s gas network infrastructure to provide a reliable supply of gas to domestic, commercial and industrial users.
Gas network team leader
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- installing, testing, purging and commissioning equipment and network infrastructure
- carrying out repairs
- legislation and codes of practice relevant to the position
- theory and principles behind the design and function of gas equipment and systems
- using gas detection equipment to ensure a safe environment
- health and safety regulations and requirements
- team leadership
- other skills related to 1 of the following specialisms: service laying, main laying
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.