Install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments.
Installation electrician / maintenance electrician
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- principles, practices and legislation applying to electrical systems
- installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings
- how to diagnose and correct electrical faults
- planning and maintenance of electrical systems
- health and safety, environmental and wiring regulations for electricians
Apprentices will achieve the level 3 Electrotechnical qualification for installation or maintenance.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
The candidate will satisfy the requirements for registration as engineering technician (EngTech) by the Engineering Council (EngC).
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.