Designing, installing, maintaining and supporting communication networks within an organisation or between organisations.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- principles of networking, protocols and associated technologies
- using diagnostic tools to find the causes of system failure
- architecture of a typical business IT system
- designing simple networks from specification and optimising performance
- installing and configuring network parts, including switches, routers and firewalls
- undertaking system upgrades and integrating software into an existing network
- interpreting written requirements and technical specifications
- logging and responding to network service calls
Apprentices must achieve an internationally recognised vendor or professional qualification, selected by the employer.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians at Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) level 3.
|The Education and Care Qualification Networkemail@example.com|
|Accelerate People Ltd||John.Pritchard@blenheimchalcot.com|
|City and Guilds||0844 543 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT||01793 email@example.com|
|The Colleges’ Partnership Ltd||07843 firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.