Fitting and servicing domestic water, heating and drainage systems.
Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- installing water, drainage and heating systems
- finding and fixing faults
- how to prepare accurate cost and time estimates
- health and safety requirements
- customer service techniques
Apprentices will need to have achieved the following qualifications before taking their end-point assessment:
- level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking the end-point assessment
- level 3 plumbing and domestic heating
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for registered Engineering Technician (EngTech) status once they have completed their apprenticeship. They will also be able to get a Construction Skills Certification Scheme card for plumbing and mechanical engineering services.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.