Constructing, maintaining and repairing the UK’s electrical power network, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the country.
Power network craftsperson
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- electrical testing and how to respond to the results of tests
- electrical theories applicable to building and maintaining electrical power networks
- electrical/mechanical principles and their use in work processes
- using maths calculations in power engineering
- legislation and regulation
- using specialist tools and equipment
- other skills related to 1 of the following specialisms: overhead lines, underground cables, substation fitting
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
Successful apprentices will be able to register as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) with the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.