Providing support to technicians and engineers working on the rail network and trains.
Rail engineering operative
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- general rail engineering design and technical principles
- using specialist tools, materials and equipment
- helping to install, test, maintain and replace equipment and components
- helping to identify, diagnose and prevent equipment and component failures
- specialist electrification, overhead line, telecomms, track, traction and rolling stock, rail system or signalling skills
- health and safety procedures, regulations and legislation within a rail industry environment
- level 2 rail engineering (competence)
- level 2 rail engineering (technical knowledge)
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.