Building the underground tunnels needed for services such as rail lines and water works.
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- preparing sites for tunnelling work
- organising the delivery and storage of equipment
- making sure the correct materials are available for a team to start work
- operating equipment, tools and machinery
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve the level 2 NVQ diploma in tunnelling operations
- achieve level 2 English, and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.