Carrying out reactive and routine maintenance on water process equipment, working on water supply and treatment, water networks and leakage, sewerage and wastewater.
Water process technician
Summary of this apprenticeship standard
Current funding band
Insert a postcode to find a training provider for this apprenticeship
What apprentices will learn
- maintenance practices, processes and procedures, covering a range of waste and water systems, plant and equipment
- water industry operations in water and waste water treatment, water and sewerage network operations
- how to use specialist equipment and IT systems
- how to find and respond to faults in systems and equipment
- carrying out risk assessments
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
Successful apprentices will be eligible for engineering technician (Eng Tech) (or equivalent) professional registration.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.
Contact our support team for more information
We have a dedicated support team ready to help you with any queries. Feel free to contact us today.